It is with sadness that we report that Samwise (swwils) is stepping down as a member of the management committee. Never fear, he’s not going anywhere and you will see him around the space.
Now, what else is happening in the space?
- HackTheSpace happened on Saturday, and things certainly happened. Check out the previous post for a brief overview, or see the changes for yourself when you come down to the space and help paint!
- We’ve received an MPAN number for our meter at the NewSpace. Harriet is currently gathering quotes from energy suppliers in preparation for the electrical installation.
- The oscilloscope is here! It’s currently tucked up safely in its box.
- There’s been a bit of a reorganisation of the Wiki. Check out some of the changes, including a push for useful categorisation. Michael in particular has been tidying up the Electronics section. Want to help to make the wiki better? Ask on the mailing list if you don’t have an account.
- Better Slack/IRC integration – Slack users can now query the space status using the
?statuscommand that the IRC users have been loving for so long. Slack users can also check the temperature of both new and old spaces using the
- Inductions – It will soon be easier to get an induction for the laser cutter. Streamlined induction processes and digital forms will help you get access to that sweet, coherent light all the quicker.
- We’re always looking out for awesome projects – if you have done something cool then please let us know so that we can tweet pictures and videos!
That’s all for this instalment. Next up we will be setting a date for the move. We’ll really need as many people as possible, watch this space!