Surface Mount?

Today we learned a lesson in quality control. And how little some suppliers have.
We recently bought a set of (very) cheap “stepstick” 3D printer stepper motor drivers. While attaching heatsinks we noticed one board wasn’t mounting correctly. Further invstigation revealed that one of the components wasn’t quite soldered in the correct position:

IMG_20140321_231546
IMG_20140321_231451

Easily fixed with a quick dab of a soldering iron.

This entry was posted in Blog, Projects. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>