Everyone in attendance at Leeds Hackspace is expected to abide by The Rules.
Here is what you get for becoming a member:
Membership – £25 per month.
- A membership RFID card
- Access to tools, including those that require induction, for example (but not limited to):
- Laser Cutter
- 3D Printer
- Vinyl Cutter
- Heating Press
- CNC Mill
- Permits use of and access to equipment and communal resources (soldering irons, capacitors, ‘to hack’ hardware scrap)
- Storage space where available
- Access to the Hackspace 24/7 via card while the space is opened by a keyholder of the Hackspace
- The ability to run for Director of the Hackspace at an AGM
- Vote in meetings taken by the Hackspace
- A say in how the Hackspace is run, operated and what additional tools and equipment the Hackspace acquires
- The ability to become a keyholder
- Opportunity to run and arrange workshops if desired
Student Membership – £50 per academic term
- This gives access to the workshop, all its tools and equipment while the space is opened by a key-holding member of the Hackspace.
- Welcome to visit outside of the typical open evening/day times for a suggested donation of £5, but please contact one of the directors or members (details here) to arrange your visit beforehand.
To become a keyholder you must first be a member. The requirements for keyholder access are defined in the Hackspace Policy.
- After one month of being a paying Member of the Hackspace you are elegibile to become a keyholder
- Being a keyholder grants the ability to access the Hackspace by yourself and open it up for non-keyholder members of the Hackspace
- Keyholders are particularly responsible for non-keyholder members and non-members using the Hackspace when they have it open and using the Hackspace.
If the monthly £25 membership fee is difficult for you, or you have other circumstances affecting your ability to pay, but you still want to be a member, then get in touch with the directors with details on your circumstances.
You will be required to give us a form of ID and personal details when signing up to become a member of the Hackspace.
Membership subscriptions are paid by standing order to ‘Leeds Hackspace’, using your name as a reference, to these HSBC details: